In the new computer age, making electronic payments and deposits is an everyday occurrence.
To do that you need the routing number of your financial institution.
The Co-op Credit Union routing number is 291275194.
This information (called MICR numbers) can also be found
on the bottom of your check blank. Here is the information for the Co-op Credit Union.
- Routing Number. The first nine numbers on the left make up the routing number.
- Account Number. Consists of 13 digits. The first five or six are zeroes.
- Your Check Number. The number on the right should match the number of your check on the top.
If you're unsure, please contact us.
VB: Virtual Branch
Virtual Branch is an Internet-based financial service offered to members of the credit union.
It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, providing credit union members with the flexibility to take care of many of their financial transactions without leaving home.
And best of all, there are NO CHARGES for these services!
In the Overview tab of VB you can:
- View the balances of five accounts you choose
- Do a Quick Transfer of funds between accounts
- View scheduled transfers
- View alerts and notices
In the Account Access tab of VB you can:
- View the balances of all your accounts
- Transfer funds between accounts
- View details of the account
- View and print copies of checks that have cleared
- View and print the history of accounts and transactions
In the Self Service tab of VB you can:
- Reorder check blanks
- Request stop-payment on a draft
- Sign up for e-statements
- View and print e-statements
- Change your VB security code and logon ID
- Update and edit your security questions
- Schedule alerts and reminders
A button like this is located on the top left of each page
on our web site so Virtual Branch is never more than a click away.
SIGNING UP FOR VB
To provide a more secure online experience in Virtual Branch, we have activated Enhanced Authentication
. When first signing up, members will be
asked to choose a passmark phrase, a passmark security image, and pick security questions.
To start your enrollment, click on the gold VB button. Once you are on the Virtual Branch Home Page, follow the easy instructions and complete the information
requested on the form. You must have an e-mail address to enroll in Virtual Branch.
After you have completed the enrollment forms, you can log on to your account. If you have any questions, contact your local Co-op Credit Union office or contact us by e-mail.
CONTACT US --- When you are in VB and click on the CONTACT US button on the top right of the page, please note that
our reply to you will come back to the messages box in VB, not to your personal e-mail.
- E-MAIL IN VB --- To check your e-mail in VB, click on SELF SERVICE: Secure Mail: Inbox Messages.
- CLEARED CHECKS --- To view cleared checks, click on the check number in HISTORY. It will be blue if an image is available. You will be shown the front and back of the cleared check.
- ENROLLMENT --- During enrollment be sure to click the NEXT button to continue.
Do not press the ENTER button or the BACK button during enrollment
- SECURITY CODE --- When you change your password, it should say "security code successfully changed." If it doesn't, you are not really changing your security code, you are just getting in with the temporary one.
Your security code must be 8 or more characters containing at least 2 letters and 2 numbers, with no special characters. And, it cannot be one that you have previously used.
Words to know in Virtual Branch
- Your CU account number is called LOGON ID
- Your password is called SECURITY CODE
- Account button is called ACCOUNT ACCESS
- Services button is called SELF SERVICE
- Summary button is called OVERVIEW
Remote Deposit Capture
Use your cell phone to deposit your checks anytime from anywhere!
HOW TO GET STARTED
- Download the "Co-op CU RDC" app
Open the Co-op CU RDC app
Select SIGN UP to set your preferred email, user name and password, as instructed.
Activations are processed several times throughout the business day and notifications are sent to the email address on record.
Once activated, open the app on your phone and log in.
Choose DEPOSIT and follow the instructions on the screen. Deposits after 4:00 PM will be processed the next day.
- Apple users go to the App Store
- Android users go to Google Play
- Not currently available to Windows phone users
- When signing up, please make sure you select CHECKING or SAVINGS under ACCT TYPE, which is after PRIMARY/ACCT NICKNAME
There is a pull-down menu that shows undefined. Pull the menu down and select savings or checking. If you want more than
one account, click on ADD ACCT and do them separately.
- Use the required endorsement or the deposit may be rejected! Write FOR REMOTE DEPOSIT ONLY on the back of the check with
your signature below it.
- Securely store each original check that you deposit using the app for a period of at least sixty (60) days after transmission to us. After sixty (60)
days, and no later than ninety (90) days following transmission of the original check, destroy the original check.
- Have the ability to promptly provide any retained check, or a sufficient copy of the front and back of the check, to the Co-op Credit Union if requested
to do so.
- The Co-op Credit Union will notify you of limits pertaining to the dollar amounts and the number of deposits that you may transmit using the Co-op CU RDC app.
Upon receipt of a confirmation that the check has been accepted, mark the item as ELECTRONICALLY PRESENTED to ensure that is
is not re-presented for payment.
- Be sure to verify that the dollar amount you enter matches the check amount.
- Lay the check on a flat surface with a contrasting background and take the picture from directly above the check.
- Make sure all four corners of the check are in the frame and in focus and that the MICR numbers at the bottom of the check are completely readable.
See picture of MICR numbers at top of page.
Eligibility for Remote Deposit is subject to Credit Union approval. You authorize the Credit Union to obtain credit reports in connection with this application for Remote Deposit Capture. The Credit Union reserves the right to deny or accept this application
Downloadable Mobile Money Apps for your cell phone
Use your cell phone for VB on the go!
is a service that allows you to log into Virtual Branch (VB) from your cell phone, using either a mobile browser or a down-loadable application. You can also sign up to use texting to get your balance, history and do transfers.
Once you are logged into VB, click on the SELF SERVICE tab and you will see MOBILE MONEY. Click on the link and follow the step-by-step instructions to register your phone.
- If you haven't signed up yet, go ahead and register your phone and select the DOWNLOADABLE MOBILE APP.
- If you have already registered your phone, under the MY PHONES tab, select I want to: CHANGE MY MOBILE BANKING SERVICES from the drop-down menu. Select the DOWNLOADABLE MOBILE APPS. (I'd like to receive a link to download the App.) Then just follow the link in the text message you receive.
Pay your bills online...
Bill Pay is an electronic service that makes it easy and convenient to pay your monthly bills. All you have to do is verify that the amount you have been billed is correct, and then schedule the payment. You can schedule recurring payments of the same amount (i.e., mortgage) or pay the bills that vary from month to month (i.e., credit card). By retaining the contact information of the payee, you'll have all the data you need to speed up the process.
Use Bill Pay to save time and money.
No more trips to the Post Office to get stamps and mail the payments.
Try it before you sign up. Bill Pay Demo
Signing up for Bill Pay
Now that you've gone through the demo, it's time to sign up for Bill Pay. To do so, you must have already signed up for VB. Go to the VB Home Page and log in to your account. Once you are logged in, Click on the Bill Pay tab and complete the information.
Need to prove you made a payment and you paid it through Bill Pay?
It's right at your fingertips. Here's what you do.
- Go to VB and Click on the BILL PAY tab
- Pull down the PAYMENTS menu on the top left and select PAYMENT HISTORY
- Complete the PAYMENT SEARCH on the left side
- The PAYMENT HISTORY page should come up.
- Look for the check you want. On the right you should see a Confirmation # and below it, Details: View
- Click on VIEW and the "View Payment History Details" page comes up.
- If the check has cleared, below the payment name and the "track your check payment" part, near the bottom of the page, you will find a date and this message: Payment reached the payee and has cleared. View Cleared Check.
- Click the View Cleared Check and there it is! Just print it and you have proof.
Greener. Faster. Cheaper. Safer.
e-Statements are another service of VB. An e-statement is an electronic statement that you access online. It replaces the paper statements of the past. Sign up for e-Statements today and opt out of receiving a paper statement in the mail. Each month you will receive an e-mail notifying you that your statement is available online through Virtual Branch.
Signing up for e-Statements
Once you are logged in to VB, go to the Self Service
tab and under the Additional Services
section click on e-Statements
. Then click on the Enroll for e-Statements
link and follow the instructions.
You may change your statement options at any time through the Self Service tab of VB. You would click on the Unenroll for e-Statements link. Opting in for e-Statements will discontinue the delivery of your printed statement. You are required to have Adobe Acrobat Reader® software and a printer or the ability to download the statements for your records. If you don't have Acrobat Reader, you can
download it for free at Adobe.com.
Not only will you be saving lots of paper,
but you will receive your statements